You may know that the U.S. automotive manufacturing industry has shifted to the southeastern USA. But did you know that the Charlotte region is benefiting greatly from this trend? According to research from the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance, more than 63,000 people work in automotive sectors in our region (more than Greenville, SC and more than most of Charlotte’s peer cities). Over the past two years, 20 automotive-related companies have announced plans to locate or expand in the region, adding a total of nearly 1,300 jobs. Learn more here.
The workforce in the Charlotte region has grown by 28 percent since 2001 (compared to just under 10 percent growth nationwide). This is one of several fascinating statistics included in the Charlotte Chamber’s 1st Quarter 2018 Growth Report. Read the report to learn about the largest sector by total employment in the Charlotte area (surprise – it isn’t financial services or retail) as well as the importance of both Professional Services and Manufacturing to the Charlotte region’s economy in Q1.
Manufacturing is primed for a tech revolution that will give way to the digital factory. A look at what that means for not just manufacturers, but tech and capital goods companies. Click here to learn more.
- Learn how generative design and additive manufacturing (i.e., 3-D printing) is changing the manufacturing world here.
- Check out how generative design could radically transform the look of our world here.
- Delve into a new world of highly efficient products made by generative design here.
- Take a sneak peak into the first large-scale generative designed office here.
- What is Predictive Analytics? Learn the about the process, applications, software and more here.
- Read how to convert analytics into action here.