Our leaders at Croixstone spend time each week speaking at length with clients, prospects and consultants across the greater Charlotte region and beyond. We’re often asked the following questions by those in our professional networks.
Here’s a bulleted list, in no particular order, of the things we are hearing and seeing from clients, prospects and consultants.
- Hiring is difficult. The economy is rebounding, hiring is up, and it is increasingly difficult to fill roles with top-tier talent. The latest Workforce Report from LinkedIn provides insights into the hiring boom.
- IPOs are booming. Global IPO deal numbers and proceeds have posted the best performance witnessed in 20 years (and this is driving demand in management consulting). Read EY’s IPO Q1 2021 Report to learn more.
- SPACs are hot, hot, hot. Special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) IPOs were more active in Q1 2021 than through all of 2020.
- M&A activity is on fire. During the first quarter of 2021, global mergers and acquisitions activity totaled $1.3 trillion, up 94% compared to Q1 of last year.
- ERP implementation activity is robust. Many of our clients are planning ERP implementations to go live in 2022. The global ERP software market size stood at USD 38.15 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 71.63 billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.55.
- Hackers are targeting the middle market. One-third of middle market organizations reported ransomware attacks in 2020, according to a recent cybersecurity special report from RSM.
- COVID-19 trauma is an ongoing issue. Employers are dealing with employee pandemic stress that is inevitably spilling over into at-work life.