Charlotte Snapshot: International Business & Foreign Direct Investment
As the world’s athletes gather in Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics, we are placing a #FreshStart spotlight this week on the roles of international business and foreign direct investment across the greater Charlotte region.
Did you know?…
- More than 1,000 international companies representing 40 countries call the Charlotte region home.
- More than 250,000 foreign-born individuals and families are located across the region.
- North and South Carolina are 2 of only 9 US states where employment in international business exceeds 7% of total employment.
- Almost 50% of international companies in the Charlotte region are in manufacturing.
- The Charlotte region recorded a nearly 16% increase in exports between 2016 and 2019.
Thanks to the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance for providing these statistics. Learn more about international business and foreign direct investment across the Charlotte region here.