As the world’s athletes gather in Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics, we are placing a #FreshStart spotlight this week on the roles of international business and foreign direct investment across the greater Charlotte region.
Did you know?…
- More than 1,000 international companies representing 40 countries call the Charlotte region home.
- More than 250,000 foreign-born individuals and families are located across the region.
- North and South Carolina are 2 of only 9 US states where employment in international business exceeds 7% of total employment.
- Almost 50% of international companies in the Charlotte region are in manufacturing.
- The Charlotte region recorded a nearly 16% increase in exports between 2016 and 2019.