With more than 40 years of experience in operational growth and improvement, both as a consultant and as an executive with Crayola Corporation, Peter Christian has served more than 300 companies. Earlier this month, CONSULTING magazine published an online article written by Peter that provides valuable tips on the consultant and client relationship. Read the article entitled “The Rules and Rigors of Consulting” here.
In the latest issue of its online magazine, CONSULTING is highlighting the top 25 consultants who are making a big impact in our industry in 2019. Be sure to read the Q&A for each consultant as there are interesting insights to be gleaned to help your consulting career! Read the latest issue of CONSULTING magazine here (free subscription required).
The December 2018 issue of Consulting Magazine is now available. Access is easy (and, best of all, complimentary)! Simply register to become a free ALM digital reader, and you’ll receive free access to Consulting Magazine Online and the digital edition.
The current issue highlights the women leaders in consulting who are making a big impact on the industry. Be sure to read the “ShortTakes” interview on page 4 where PwC’s Vice Chairman and Advisory Leader, Mohamed Kande, discusses the impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Read the December issue here.
Read about the 65 fast-growth firms that are disrupting the consulting profession in the latest digital issue of CONSULTING MAGAZINE (November 2018). Be sure to read the practical tips in the “Consultants On Consulting” article (page 78) to help your next technology modernization engagement run smoothly.
Read the September 2018 issue of CONSULTING magazine to keep informed of trends in the industry and for ongoing professional development. The Croixstone team recommends that you be certain to read the articles entitled “Workforce Consultants Tackle Future Phobia” and “Mastering the Art of Organizational Change.”
Consulting Magazine is a digital monthly publication known as the “flagship publication of the consulting profession featuring the latest information on consulting, thought leadership, and corporate strategies.” The magazine’s website, Consultingmag.com, offers a rich selection of articles and more. View it here.
It’s a good time to be in the consulting world! According to the recently released Consulting Magazine’s 2018 Executive Outlook report, the theme for the consulting industry this year is “Let the Good Times Roll.”
The positive economic momentum + recent corporate tax cuts equal an “upbeat and bullish forecast” for the consulting industry. As result, the industry remains strong and firms are in the “midst of a hiring frenzy” to get the work done. Below is a high-level overview of the results in the report:
- 97% of leading consulting firms surveyed experienced real revenue growth over the last 12 months.
- 98% of executives are forecasting growth in 2018, and 94% are saying that growth will exceed 6%.
- 95% of firm leaders anticipate net profits will improve, and 62% of the firms predict net profits will be up more than 10% in 2018.
The survey was conducted in the latter part of 2017 with more than 130 Managing Directors, Partners and Vice Presidents participating. To read the full 2018 Executive Outlook, click here.
- What is Predictive Analytics? Learn the about the process, applications, software and more here.
- Read how to convert analytics into action here.
So just what do 100 Managing Directors, Partners and Vice Presidents think about the state of the consulting industry?
According to the team at CONSULTING magazine, they are exceptionally positive about the prospects for growth in 2017 and maintain a “pedal to the metal” philosophy. The magazine has just published its annual “executive outlook” for the new year and the CROIXSTONE consulting team noted the following highlights with great interest.
- Consulting industry leaders are “especially giddy about the forecasts for the year ahead” with some having reported sales growth above 20% in 2016.
- The consulting industry is among the first to see signs of an economic slowdown and no such signs are being seen.
- 65% of consulting industry leaders experienced real revenue growth above 10% in 2016.
- 96% of leaders project that net profits will increase in 2017, with 57% forecasting that net profits will be up more than 10% in 2017.
Read the full article here.