It’s a good time to be in the consulting world! According to the recently released Consulting Magazine’s 2018 Executive Outlook report, the theme for the consulting industry this year is “Let the Good Times Roll.”
The positive economic momentum + recent corporate tax cuts equal an “upbeat and bullish forecast” for the consulting industry. As result, the industry remains strong and firms are in the “midst of a hiring frenzy” to get the work done. Below is a high-level overview of the results in the report:
- 97% of leading consulting firms surveyed experienced real revenue growth over the last 12 months.
- 98% of executives are forecasting growth in 2018, and 94% are saying that growth will exceed 6%.
- 95% of firm leaders anticipate net profits will improve, and 62% of the firms predict net profits will be up more than 10% in 2018.
The survey was conducted in the latter part of 2017 with more than 130 Managing Directors, Partners and Vice Presidents participating. To read the full 2018 Executive Outlook, click here.
Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'” Today, we focus on an upcoming event dedicated to those in the Charlotte community that are “doing for others” each and every day…SEED20 OnStage!
SEED20 is the annual program of Social Venture Partners Charlotte (a nonprofit organization) to identify, highlight and connect the community to the region’s most promising social entrepreneurs tackling pressing challenges.
Croixstone’s Mark Weber is serving as the Lead Partner for this year’s powerful program, best known for its high-energy SEED20 OnStage event where ten members of the SEED20 class compete to win cash awards by making three-minute “pitches” to a panel of judges and a community audience.
Tickets for the event are now on sale. To purchase tickets, Click Here
With months of revelations about sexual harassment and abuse of men and women across industries, we encourage you to make 2018 the year of professional courage. Guest blogger, Tony Armeni, shares his insights below.
Are you ready to make 2018 the year of professional courage? For a confidential discussion, contact Mark Weber, Managing Partner, at (980) 263-0234 or by email at email@example.com
Patti Weber serves as Croixstone Consulting’s Chief Experience Officer (CXO). In her role, Patti leverages best practices in design and user experience to serve both the firm’s employee-based consultants and clients.
- How did you enter the consulting field? I was a client of Accenture in Detroit and partnered with the firm on a strategic, multi-year technology transformation initiative. From there, I was recruited by Accenture and joined the firm’s Financial Services Practice in Minneapolis and provided leadership to large project teams serving top-tier banks and insurance clients.
- Your career path includes roles such as corporate trainer and public educator. How have these roles been of benefit to you in the consulting industry? I have learned to never make assumptions and to ask lots of questions. A solution can be obtained through many different avenues.
- If you could pick one theme for Croixstone to turn into a book about the company, what would it be? Maverick talent.
- Before working at Croixstone, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had? I sorted mail for several state of Wisconsin government buildings while enrolled in the School of Engineering at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
- Three words to best describe you? Passionate. Inquisitive. Loyal.
- Any random facts you could share with us? 2 and 5 are the only prime numbers that end with a 2 or a 5.
- Motto or personal mantra? Never give up.
- What is your favorite number and why? 3. If you know the song “Three is a Magic Number”, you will understand why.
- What is your hidden talent? Swimming. I was a Big 10 collegiate swimmer who specialized in long-distance swimming events and the 200 and 400 individual medleys. While in high school, I was a three-time State competitor who swam five different events.
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13? Being a girl who loves math and science is something for which you should be proud.
- Little known fact? When I was in elementary school, my dad taught me how to calculate the square root of any number using a pencil and paper.
Happy New Year! The Croixstone team is ready with some creative ways to start the year off on the right foot. It’s time to #MakeYourMark in 2018.
- One great way to start the year is by enjoying the great outdoors on New Year’s Day. North Carolina State Parks will be hosting First Day Hikes throughout the state to start the year off right. To read more about First Day Hikes in North Carolina, check out a story in the Shelby Star here and see a full list of hikes sponsored by North Carolina State Parks here.
- Looking to make 2018 your healthiest year yet? Start the year off with a free Healthy Lunch & Fitness Goal-Setting Session hosted by NoDa Personal Training. To learn more and to register, click here.
- Ready to take your career to the next level? Check out 10 things to do in the new year to skyrocket your career in 2018 here.