A club of 1,700 business and civic leaders, The Good Fellows Club was founded in 1917 by a group of men at Charlotte’s Second Presbyterian Church. Through the years, the club has evolved into a charity that has raised millions to help the working poor who often can’t get aid at other nonprofits.
The club’s board of directors consists of a number of well-known Charlotte business leaders including:
- W. Frank Dowd, IV, President
- John W. Harris, Vice President
- Thomas E. Meckley, Treasurer