Will the day come when we all work as our own boss?
The World Economic Forum held its annual meeting earlier this month and the future of work was a key topic of discussion. The organization’s Global Future Council on Education, Gender and Work is presently crafting a document that addresses the question of how we facilitate the transition from the traditional form of work to the future state where work is more flexible.
- Entrepreneurs and freelancers represent the future of the workplace as traditional office jobs become less and less relevant
- Lifelong learning is more important than ever before as skill requirements are constantly changing
- There is a constant need to be reskilled and you need some kind of job renewal every five years or so
- The workplace is moving towards more flexible arrangements where individuals are working with multiple companies at the same time
- “Knowledge” work is especially aligned with more flexible work arrangements and can be done from anywhere, thereby creating more value than the traditional work model
- The future of work is not going to be about full-time employment
Learn more about the future of work here.