Mayor’s Mentoring Alliance Award Winners 2017
This month, the Mayor’s Mentoring Alliance hosted a series of events in Charlotte in celebration of National Mentoring Month.
The events — which included a mentoring town hall, mentor 101 training, an agency/mentor speed networking session and awards ceremony — helped provide community members with more information about the importance of mentoring, connected potential and existing mentors to local mentoring agencies, and celebrated the great work that mentors do in our community.
The Croixstone Consulting team congratulates the following people and organizations who were honored at last week’s award gala at the Harvey B. Gantt Center:
- Mentor of the Year — Jordan Boyd
- Mentee of the Year — Dajanique Burton
- Group Mentors of the Year — Alphas of Charlotte
- Business Partner of the Year —Beacon Partners
- Alliance Best Practices (Large Agency) — Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Charlotte
- Alliance Best Practices (Small Agency) — WINGS for Kids
- Educational Leadership in Mentoring — ourBRIDGE for KIDS
A special shout out to Sil Ganzo (Executive Director) and the ourBRIDGE for KIDS team! ourBRIDGE empowers refugee and immigrant children and their families through education and cultural awareness and is one of Croixstone’s designated charities. Mark Weber, Croixstone’s Managing Partner and Founder, currently serves as the Board Chair with this high-impact non-profit organization.
Learn more here.