Today’s job market is shifting at unprecedented speeds as new technologies, globalization and economic shifts continue to drive change. Highly-experienced professionals, like those for whom Croixstone serves, will benefit from these changes. Learn more in this January 7, 2020 article from Forbes entitled “2020 Job Search and Career Predictions for Baby Boomers.”
MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities.
Visit SHARE Charlotte to discover 464 nonprofits supporting our region.
Find the ones doing work that matters to you most.
TED conferences are known for sharing “ideas worth spreading”.
Check out this list of 10 TED talks to fuel your creativity, productivity and change management skills in 2020!
The Charlotte Ledger asks the question.
Was Amazon’s search for HQ2 a data collection scheme?
Too many people are unfamiliar with the concept of portfolio career.
Don’t be one of them.
The $86 trillion world economy – in one chart.
The days of the structured career path are long gone.
While the route to a long-term career has been irrevocably changed, many professionals are still working to catch-up.
How does one define career in 2020?
Hello Flexible Career.
The myriad of forces that are driving the future of work
require that we build career momentum
and measure career
success in new ways.
Career progression isn’t about moving down the road.
It is all about transformation.
In the USA alone, more than 165 million workers have LinkedIn profiles, and more that 20,000 companies use LinkedIn to recruit. Using the social media site’s vast treasure trove of data, LinkedIn’s Economic Graph team of data scientists and economists recently looked at USA hiring patterns for 57 different C-suite jobs.
Some key C-suite findings?
- Chief Growth Officer is increasing in popularity faster than any other title.
- Many industries are expanding the C-suite to address their most chronic operating challenges.
- Everyone wants Chief People Officers.
2019 is rapidly coming to a close! Now is the perfect time to complete a 5-minute tune-up on your LinkedIn profile to present your professional best in 2020.
- Background Photo: Are you using a generic background photo? If yes, switch this out to a photo that complements your personal brand.
- Headshot: Headshots taken by professionals make a big difference. Spend the money to look your best.
- Contact Info: Make sure your current email address and phone number are visible.
- Email Address: Are you using an “old school” domain like AOL, Yahoo, or Carolina.rr? If so, switch out to a modern address like Gmail.
- About: Is the “About” section of your profile completed and up-to-date? If no, take the time to ensure this section is completed, current, and consistent in how you are promoting your personal brand.
Questions? Reach out to the Croixstone team.
#GivingTuesday (December 3) is a global day of giving and #GivingTuesdayCLT (presented by Wells Fargo and powered by SHARE Charlotte) is the QC’s local response to this global movement. Join the Croixstone team in donating, giving your time and/or shopping for good to support more than 400 nonprofits across the greater Charlotte region.
Recently, our Managing Partner, Mark Weber, had the opportunity to tour a former textile mill just north of Uptown Charlotte where Duke Energy is accelerating innovation. Learn more about Duke Energy’s Innovation Center at Optimist Hall.